Check out these resources for activities you can do at home.
spectrUM Brain Awareness Week Activities
March 16-22 is Brain Awareness Week! Explore these videos, created in 2016 with Inspired Classroom, demonstrating different neuroscience activities you can do at home.
Environmental and Earth Sciences
- All About Birds from Cornell University's Ornithology Lab includes Live Cams, Games and lesson plans.
- Missoula's Montana Natural History Center created a great webpage of resources with lesson and videos. MNHC and Missoula Butterfly house are offering zoom-live weekly lessons.
Astronomy and Physical Sciences
Health and Human Biology
Participate in Research
All Science Disciplines
Music and STEM
Flathead Reservation Animal Field Guide: Riparian Species. This educational Free App is available on iTunes and Google Play Store. It provides the Salish, Kootenai, English and Latin names for species along with beautiful photos, range maps, track guide, audio recordings, and identifying characteristics.
- Seek by iNaturalist is easy for kids to take photos of wildlife and plants and earn badges.
Create your own app with MIT App Inventor.
- SkyView Lite and Stellarium help you view the night sky.
- Scratch and ScratchJr will have your kid learning coding basics and creating in seconds.